Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
The Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences is committed to the academic community and therefore seeks to publish original work in the best possible form and to the highest possible standards.
Articles subbmitted for publication are single-blind peer-reviewed. That is mean: Reviewers are aware of the identity of the authors, but authors are unaware of the identity of reviewers. There are at least three or more reviewers for the total number of articles in each issue.
It is necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing (authors, editors, peer reviewers, publisher). The JMBFS ethic statements are based on the guidelines and standards developed and published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). All documents are available free of charge on COPE website (http://publicationethics.org/).
- The JMBFS editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.
- The JMBFS editor will accept and evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethics origin, political philosophy, religious belief or sexual orientation of the authors.
- Editors must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than stakeholders.
- Unpublished manuscripts or materials must not be used in an editors own research.
- All submitted manuscripts will be considered for publication free of charge.
- Authors attest that paper is their own, original and unpublished work.
- Authors guarantee that the manuscript it has not been copied or plagiarised (in whole or in part); a paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work; any used information resources (phrases, data, images, …) must be appropriately cited or quoted.
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the manuscript content. All those who made significant contribution should be listed as co-authors
- Affiliation (all authors/co-authors) and corresponding adress (main author) must be clearly stated.
- When an authors discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the Publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
- Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents.
- Privileged information/ideas obtained by reviewers through peer review process must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage.
- Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate, review should be conducted objectively.
- All suggestions and comments should be followed with supporting arguments.
The Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology and Food Sciences (referred to us JMBFS) is committed to respecting data-protection regulations. This statement informs you of the steps we take to protect your rights.
By personal data we mean the details you provide us via our forms, e.g. your email address, names and postal addresses and other information details.
By using our site and by sending your names, adresses and other infrmations, you accept that such personal data will be gathered and stored in our databases.
We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your personal data. We do not share personal data with other companies for marketing or similar purposes.
This data will be used by JMBFS to provide you with the services you have required. We may also occasionally use it to inform you of new services and changes related to our provide a services. By registering and sending your information in JMBFS, you agree to JMBFS using your email address in this way.
The JMBFS cannot take responsibility for information found on third party Web sites outside its control. While we attempt to provide links only to third-party Web sites that comply with all applicable laws and regulations and our standards, please understand that the content on these third-party Web sites is subject to change without notice to JMBFS. We therefore cannot be responsible for, and accept no liability for, any information or opinion contained in any third-party web site.
For the uniqueness and the originality of scientific articles authors are responsible. However, the editors seek to prevent the spread of plagiarism in the scientific sphere. All copyrights remain the author of the article. Authors agree with publication and other spread their articles in world wide web for scientific use and citations.
JMBFS Copyrights agreement template
This document is downloadable here.